• Chested Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Chest
- (a.) Having (such) a chest; -- in composition; as, broad-chested; narrow-chested.
• Chest Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To place in a coffin.
- (n.) A case in which certain goods, as tea, opium, etc., are transported; hence, the quantity which such a case contains.
- (n.) The part of the body inclosed by the ribs and breastbone; the thorax.
- (n.) A tight receptacle or box, usually for holding gas, steam, liquids, etc.; as, the steam chest of an engine; the wind chest of an organ.
- (v. i.) To deposit in a chest; to hoard.
- (n.) A large box of wood, or other material, having, like a trunk, a lid, but no covering of skin, leather, or cloth.
- (n.) Strife; contention; controversy.
- (n.) A coffin.