• Chips Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A ships carpenter.
• Chip Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To break or crack, or crack off a portion of, as of an eggshell in hatching, or a piece of crockery.
- (v. t.) To cut small pieces from; to diminish or reduce to shape, by cutting away a little at a time; to hew.
- (n.) Anything dried up, withered, or without flavor; -- used contemptuously.
- (n.) A piece of wood, stone, or other substance, separated by an ax, chisel, or cutting instrument.
- (n.) A fragment or piece broken off; a small piece.
- (n.) Wood or Cuban palm leaf split into slips, or straw plaited in a special manner, for making hats or bonnets.
- (n.) The triangular piece of wood attached to the log line.
- (v. t.) To bet, as with chips in the game of poker.
- (n.) One of the counters used in poker and other games.
- (v. i.) To break or fly off in small pieces.