• Classes Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Classis
• Class Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A comprehensive division of animate or inanimate objects, grouped together on account of their common characteristics, in any classification in natural science, and subdivided into orders, families, tribes, genera, etc.
- (n.) To arrange in classes; to classify or refer to some class; as, to class words or passages.
- (n.) A group of individuals ranked together as possessing common characteristics; as, the different classes of society; the educated class; the lower classes.
- (n.) To divide into classes, as students; to form into, or place in, a class or classes.
- (v. i.) To grouped or classed.
- (n.) A set; a kind or description, species or variety.
- (n.) A number of students in a school or college, of the same standing, or pursuing the same studies.
- (n.) One of the sections into which a church or congregation is divided, and which is under the supervision of a class leader.