• Clay Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Earth in general, as representing the elementary particles of the human body; hence, the human body as formed from such particles.
- (n.) A soft earth, which is plastic, or may be molded with the hands, consisting of hydrous silicate of aluminium. It is the result of the wearing down and decomposition, in part, of rocks containing aluminous minerals, as granite. Lime, magnesia, oxide of iron, and other ingredients, are often present as impurities.
- (v. t.) To cover or manure with clay.
- (v. t.) To clarify by filtering through clay, as sugar.
• Clayey Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consisting of clay; abounding with clay; partaking of clay; like clay.
• Claymore Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large two-handed sword used formerly by the Scottish Highlanders.