• Cleaved Definition & Synonyms
- () of Cleave
- (p. p.) of Cleave
- (imp.) of Cleave
• Cleave Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To part or divide by force; to split or rive; to cut.
- (v. i. ) To unite or be united closely in interest or affection; to adhere with strong attachment.
- (v. i.) To part; to open; to crack; to separate; as parts of bodies; as, the ground cleaves by frost.
- (v. i. ) To adhere closely; to stick; to hold fast; to cling.
- (v. i. ) To fit; to be adapted; to assimilate.
- (v. t.) To part or open naturally; to divide.