• Clinker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Scoria or vitrified incombustible matter, formed in a grate or furnace where anthracite coal in used; vitrified or burnt matter ejected from a volcano; slag.
- (n.) A kind of brick. See Dutch clinker, under Dutch.
- (n.) A mass composed of several bricks run together by the action of the fire in the kiln.
- (n.) A scale of oxide of iron, formed in forging.
• Clinker-built Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the side planks (af a boat) so arranged that the lower edge of each overlaps the upper edge of the plank next below it like clapboards on a house. See Lapstreak.