• Coast Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sail by or near; to follow the coast line of.
- (v. t.) The exterior line, limit, or border of a country; frontier border.
- (v. t.) The side of a thing.
- (v. t.) To conduct along a coast or river bank.
- (n.) To sail from port to port in the same country.
- (n.) To slide down hill; to slide on a sled, upon snow or ice.
- (v. t.) The seashore, or land near it.
- (n.) To sail by or near the shore.
- (n.) To draw or keep near; to approach.
- (v. t.) To draw near to; to approach; to keep near, or by the side of.
• Coasting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Sliding down hill; sliding on a sled upon snow or ice.
- (a.) Sailing along or near a coast, or running between ports along a coast.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coast
- (n.) A sailing along a coast, or from port to port; a carrying on a coasting trade.