• Commend Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Compliments; greetings.
- (v. t.) To commit, intrust, or give in charge for care or preservation.
- (v. t.) To mention by way of courtesy, implying remembrance and good will.
- (v. t.) To mention with approbation; to praise; as, to commend a person or an act.
- (v. t.) To recommend as worthy of confidence or regard; to present as worthy of notice or favorable attention.
- (n.) Commendation; praise.
• Commended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Commend
• Commendation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is the ground of approbation or praise.
- (n.) A message of affection or respect; compliments; greeting.
- (n.) The act of commending; praise; favorable representation in words; recommendation.
• Commendator Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who holds a benefice in commendam; a commendatary.