• Commonplace Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To utter commonplaces; to indulge in platitudes.
- (a.) Common; ordinary; trite; as, a commonplace person, or observation.
- (n.) A memorandum; something to be frequently consulted or referred to.
- (n.) An idea or expression wanting originality or interest; a trite or customary remark; a platitude.
- (v. t.) To enter in a commonplace book, or to reduce to general heads.
• Commonplaceness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being commonplace; commonness.