• Complement Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To supply a lack; to supplement.
- (v. t.) The whole working force of a vessel.
- (v. t.) Something added for ornamentation; an accessory.
- (v. t.) To compliment.
- (v. t.) A second quantity added to a given quantity to make it equal to a third given quantity.
- (v. t.) A compliment.
- (v. t.) Full quantity, number, or amount; a complete set; completeness.
- (v. t.) The interval wanting to complete the octave; -- the fourth is the complement of the fifth, the sixth of the third.
- (v. t.) That which fills up or completes; the quantity or number required to fill a thing or make it complete.
- (v. t.) That which is required to supply a deficiency, or to complete a symmetrical whole.
• Complementary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Serving to fill out or to complete; as, complementary numbers.
- (n.) One skilled in compliments.
• Complemental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Supplying, or tending to supply, a deficiency; fully completing.
- (a.) Complimentary; courteous.