• Confederating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Confederate
• Confederate Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is united with others in a league; a person or a nation engaged in a confederacy; an ally; also, an accomplice in a bad sense.
- (v. t.) To unite in a league or confederacy; to ally.
- (v. i.) To unite in a league; to join in a mutual contract or covenant; to band together.
- (a.) United in a league; allied by treaty; engaged in a confederacy; banded together; allied.
- (n.) A name designating an adherent to the cause of the States which attempted to withdraw from the Union (1860-1865).
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the government of the eleven Southern States of the United States which (1860-1865) attempted to establish an independent nation styled the Confederate States of America; as, the Confederate congress; Confederate money.