• Congresses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Congress
• Congress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The lower house of the Spanish Cortes, the members of which are elected for three years.
- (n.) The collective body of senators and representatives of the people of a nation, esp. of a republic, constituting the chief legislative body of the nation.
- (n.) A gathering or assembly; a conference.
- (n.) A sudden encounter; a collision; a shock; -- said of things.
- (n.) The coming together of a male and female in sexual commerce; the act of coition.
- (n.) A formal assembly, as of princes, deputies, representatives, envoys, or commissioners; esp., a meeting of the representatives of several governments or societies to consider and determine matters of common interest.
- (n.) A meeting of individuals, whether friendly or hostile; an encounter.