• Contrasted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Contrast
• Contrast Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of contrasting, or the state of being contrasted; comparison by contrariety of qualities.
- (n.) Opposition or dissimilitude of things or qualities; unlikeness, esp. as shown by juxtaposition or comparison.
- (v. i.) To stand in opposition; to exhibit difference, unlikeness, or opposition of qualities.
- (v. t.) To give greater effect to, as to a figure or other object, by putting it in some relation of opposition to another figure or object.
- (n.) The opposition of varied forms, colors, etc., which by such juxtaposition more vividly express each others peculiarities.
- (v. t.) To set in opposition, or over against, in order to show the differences between, or the comparative excellences and defects of; to compare by difference or contrariety of qualities; as, to contrast the present with the past.