• Control Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Power or authority to check or restrain; restraining or regulating influence; superintendence; government; as, children should be under parental control.
- (n.) That which serves to check, restrain, or hinder; restraint.
- (n.) A duplicate book, register, or account, kept to correct or check another account or register; a counter register.
- (v. t.) To exercise restraining or governing influence over; to check; to counteract; to restrain; to regulate; to govern; to overpower.
- (v. t.) To check by a counter register or duplicate account; to prove by counter statements; to confute.
- (n.) Any of the physical factors determining the climate of any particular place, as latitude,distribution of land and water, altitude, exposure, prevailing winds, permanent high- or low-barometric-pressure areas, ocean currents, mountain barriers, soil, and vegetation.
- (n.) The complete apparatus used to control a mechanism or machine in operation, as a flying machine in flight;
- (n.) the mechanism controlling the rudders and ailerons.
• Controlling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Control