• Coring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Core
• Cor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Hebrew measure of capacity; a homer.
• Core Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To form by means of a core, as a hole in a casting.
- (n.) The heart or inner part of a thing, as of a column, wall, rope, of a boil, etc.; especially, the central part of fruit, containing the kernels or seeds; as, the core of an apple or quince.
- (n.) The bony process which forms the central axis of the horns in many animals.
- (v. t.) To take out the core or inward parts of; as, to core an apple.
- (n.) The prtion of a mold which shapes the interior of a cylinder, tube, or other hollow casting, or which makes a hole in or through a casting; a part of the mold, made separate from and inserted in it, for shaping some part of the casting, the form of which is not determined by that of the pattern.
- (n.) The most important part of a thing; the essence; as, the core of a subject.
- (n.) The center or inner part, as of an open space; as, the core of a square.
- (n.) A Hebrew dry measure; a cor or homer.
- (n.) A disorder of sheep occasioned by worms in the liver.
- (n.) A body of individuals; an assemblage.
- (n.) A miners underground working time or shift.
- (n.) A mass of iron, usually made of thin plates, upon which the conductor of an armature or of a transformer is wound.