• Corner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A secret or secluded place; a remote or out of the way place; a nook.
- (v. t.) To drive into a corner.
- (n.) The state of things produced by a combination of persons, who buy up the whole or the available part of any stock or species of property, which compels those who need such stock or property to buy of them at their own price; as, a corner in a railway stock.
- (n.) Direction; quarter.
- (v. t.) To drive into a position of great difficulty or hopeless embarrassment; as, to corner a person in argument.
- (n.) The space in the angle between converging lines or walls which meet in a point; as, the chimney corner.
- (v. t.) To get command of (a stock, commodity, etc.), so as to be able to put ones own price on it; as, to corner the shares of a railroad stock; to corner petroleum.
- (n.) The point where two converging lines meet; an angle, either external or internal.
- (n.) An edge or extremity; the part farthest from the center; hence, any quarter or part.
- (n.) A free kick from close to the nearest corner flag post, allowed to the opposite side when a player has sent the ball behind his own goal line.
• Cornerwise Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With the corner in front; diagonally; not square.
• Cornercap Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The chief ornament.