• Covert Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Covered over; private; hid; secret; disguised.
- (a.) One of the special feathers covering the bases of the quills of the wings and tail of a bird. See Illust. of Bird.
- (a.) A place that covers and protects; a shelter; a defense.
- (v. t.) Under cover, authority or protection; as, a feme covert, a married woman who is considered as being under the protection and control of her husband.
- (v. t.) Sheltered; not open or exposed; retired; protected; as, a covert nook.
• Covertness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Secrecy; privacy.