• Crippling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cripple
- (n.) Spars or timbers set up as a support against the side of a building.
• Cripple Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deprive of strength, activity, or capability for service or use; to disable; to deprive of resources; as, to be financially crippled.
- (v. t.) To deprive of the use of a limb, particularly of a leg or foot; to lame.
- (a.) Lame; halting.
- (n.) One who creeps, halts, or limps; one who has lost, or never had, the use of a limb or limbs; a lame person; hence, one who is partially disabled.
- () Swampy or low wet ground, often covered with brush or with thickets; bog.
- () A rocky shallow in a stream; -- a lumbermans term.