• Cruising Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cruise
• Cruise Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Cruse, a small bottle.
- (n.) A voyage made in various directions, as of an armed vessel, for the protection of other vessels, or in search of an enemy; a sailing to and fro, as for exploration or for pleasure.
- (v. i.) To sail back and forth on the ocean; to sail, as for the potection of commerce, in search of an enemy, for plunder, or for pleasure.
- (v. i.) To wander hither and thither on land.
- (v. i.) To inspect forest land for the purpose of estimating the quantity of lumber it will yield.
- (v. t.) To explore with reference to capacity for the production of lumber; as, to cruise a section of land.
- (v. t.) To cruise over or about.