• Cyst Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small capsule or sac of the kind in which many immature entozoans exist in the tissues of living animals; also, a similar form in Rotifera, etc.
- (n.) A form assumed by Protozoa in which they become saclike and quiescent. It generally precedes the production of germs. See Encystment.
- (n.) In old authors, the urinary bladder, or the gall bladder.
- (n.) One of the bladders or air vessels of certain algae, as of the great kelp of the Pacific, and common rockweeds (Fuci) of our shores.
- (n.) A pouch or sac without opening, usually membranous and containing morbid matter, which is accidentally developed in one of the natural cavities or in the substance of an organ.
• Cystidean Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the Cystidea.
• Cystoid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Cystoidean