• Development Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The series of changes which animal and vegetable organisms undergo in their passage from the embryonic state to maturity, from a lower to a higher state of organization.
- (n.) The act or process of changing or expanding an expression into another of equivalent value or meaning.
- (n.) The act of developing or disclosing that which is unknown; a gradual unfolding process by which anything is developed, as a plan or method, or an image upon a photographic plate; gradual advancement or growth through a series of progressive changes; also, the result of developing, or a developed state.
- (n.) The equivalent expression into which another has been developed.
- (n.) The elaboration of a theme or subject; the unfolding of a musical idea; the evolution of a whole piece or movement from a leading theme or motive.
• Developmental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or characteristic of, the process of development; as, the developmental power of a germ.