• Differentiate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To express the specific difference of; to describe the properties of (a thing) whereby it is differenced from another of the same class; to discriminate.
- (v. i.) To acquire a distinct and separate character.
- (v. t.) To distinguish or mark by a specific difference; to effect a difference in, as regards classification; to develop differential characteristics in; to specialize; to desynonymize.
- (v. t.) To obtain the differential, or differential coefficient, of; as, to differentiate an algebraic expression, or an equation.