• Disengage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To release ones self; to become detached; to free ones self.
- (v. t.) To release from that with which anything is engaged, engrossed, involved, or entangled; to extricate; to detach; to set free; to liberate; to clear; as, to disengage one from a party, from broils and controversies, from an oath, promise, or occupation; to disengage the affections a favorite pursuit, the mind from study.
• Disengagement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Freedom from engrossing occupation; leisure.
- (n.) The act of disengaging or setting free, or the state of being disengaged.