• Dismounted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dismount
• Dismount Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take down, or apart, as a machine.
- (v. t.) To throw or bring down from an elevation, place of honor and authority, or the like.
- (v. i.) To alight from a horse; to descend or get off, as a rider from his beast; as, the troops dismounted.
- (v. t.) To throw or remove from a horse; to unhorse; as, the soldier dismounted his adversary.
- (v. t.) To throw or remove from the carriage, or from that on which a thing is mounted; to break the carriage or wheels of, and render useless; to deprive of equipments or mountings; -- said esp. of artillery.
- (v. i.) To come down; to descend.