• Disparage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To dishonor by a comparison with what is inferior; to lower in rank or estimation by actions or words; to speak slightingly of; to depreciate; to undervalue.
- (n.) Inequality in marriage; marriage with an inferior.
- (v. t.) To match unequally; to degrade or dishonor by an unequal marriage.
• Disparagement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Injurious comparison with an inferior; a depreciating or dishonoring opinion or insinuation; diminution of value; dishonor; indignity; reproach; disgrace; detraction; -- commonly with to.
- (n.) Matching any one in marriage under his or her degree; injurious union with something of inferior excellence; a lowering in rank or estimation.