• Diva Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Prima donna
- (n.) A prima donna.
• Divan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In Turkey and other Oriental countries: A council of state; a royal court. Also used by the poets for a grand deliberative council or assembly.
- (n.) A saloon or hall where a council is held, in Oriental countries, the state reception room in places, and in the houses of the richer citizens. Cushions on the floor or on benches are ranged round the room.
- (n.) A chief officer of state.
- (n.) A coffee and smoking saloon.
- (n.) A cushioned seat, or a large, low sofa or couch; especially, one fixed to its place, and not movable.
- (n.) A book; esp., a collection of poems written by one author; as, the divan of Hafiz.
• Divaricately Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With divarication.