• Divided Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Parted; disunited; distributed.
- (a.) Cut into distinct parts, by incisions which reach the midrib; -- said of a leaf.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Divide
• Divide Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To mark divisions on; to graduate; as, to divide a sextant.
- (v. t.) To separate into two parts, in order to ascertain the votes for and against a measure; as, to divide a legislative house upon a question.
- (v. t.) To separate into species; -- said of a genus or generic term.
- (v. t.) To cause to be separate; to keep apart by a partition, or by an imaginary line or limit; as, a wall divides two houses; a stream divides the towns.
- (v. i.) To vote, as in the British Parliament, by the members separating themselves into two parties (as on opposite sides of the hall or in opposite lobbies), that is, the ayes dividing from the noes.
- (v. t.) To play or sing in a florid style, or with variations.
- (v. i.) To cause separation; to disunite.
- (v. t.) To make partition of among a number; to apportion, as profits of stock among proprietors; to give in shares; to distribute; to mete out; to share.
- (v. t.) To disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant or hostile; to set at variance.
- (v. t.) To part asunder (a whole); to sever into two or more parts or pieces; to sunder; to separate into parts.
- (v. i.) To break friendship; to fall out.
- (v. t.) To subject to arithmetical division.
- (n.) A dividing ridge of land between the tributaries of two streams; a watershed.
- (v. i.) To have a share; to partake.
- (v. i.) To be separated; to part; to open; to go asunder.
, Water parting
• Dividedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Separately; in a divided manner.