• Divining Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) That divines; for divining.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Divine
• Divine Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or belonging to God; as, divine perfections; the divine will.
- (a.) Presageful; foreboding; prescient.
- (v. i.) To have or feel a presage or foreboding.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or proceeding from, a deity; partaking of the nature of a god or the gods.
- (a.) One skilled in divinity; a theologian.
- (v. t.) To foresee or foreknow; to detect; to anticipate; to conjecture.
- (v. t.) To foretell; to predict; to presage.
- (v. i.) To conjecture or guess; as, to divine rightly.
- (a.) Relating to divinity or theology.
- (a.) A minister of the gospel; a priest; a clergyman.
- (v. i.) To use or practice divination; to foretell by divination; to utter prognostications.
- (a.) Appropriated to God, or celebrating his praise; religious; pious; holy; as, divine service; divine songs; divine worship.
- (a.) Proceeding from God; as, divine judgments.
- (v. t.) To render divine; to deify.
- (a.) Godlike; heavenly; excellent in the highest degree; supremely admirable; apparently above what is human. In this application, the word admits of comparison; as, the divinest mind. Sir J. Davies.
• Diviningly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a divining manner.