• Done Definition & Synonyms
- () p. p. from Do, and formerly the infinitive.
- (a.) Given; executed; issued; made public; -- used chiefly in the clause giving the date of a proclamation or public act.
- (p. p.) of Do
- (infinitive.) It is done or agreed; let it be a match or bargain; -- used elliptically.
- (infinitive.) Performed; executed; finished.
• Donee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anciently, one to whom lands were given; in later use, one to whom lands and tenements are given in tail; in modern use, one on whom a power is conferred for execution; -- sometimes called the appointor.
- (n.) The person to whom a gift or donation is made.