• Dowel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pin, or block, of wood or metal, fitting into holes in the abutting portions of two pieces, and being partly in one piece and partly in the other, to keep them in their proper relative position.
- (v. t.) To fasten together by dowels; to furnish with dowels; as, a cooper dowels pieces for the head of a cask.
- (n.) A piece of wood driven into a wall, so that other pieces may be nailed to it.
• Dowelling Definition & Synonyms
- () of Dowel
• Doweling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dowel