• Due Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Directly; exactly; as, a due east course.
- (a.) Owed, as a debt; that ought to be paid or done to or for another; payable; owing and demandable.
- (n.) Right; just title or claim.
- (a.) Justly claimed as a right or property; proper; suitable; becoming; appropriate; fit.
- (a.) Owing; ascribable, as to a cause.
- (a.) Such as (a thing) ought to be; fulfilling obligation; proper; lawful; regular; appointed; sufficient; exact; as, due process of law; due service; in due time.
- (v. t.) To endue.
- (n.) That which is owed; debt; that which one contracts to pay, or do, to or for another; that which belongs or may be claimed as a right; whatever custom, law, or morality requires to be done; a fee; a toll.
- (a.) Appointed or required to arrive at a given time; as, the steamer was due yesterday.
• Duebill Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A brief written acknowledgment of a debt, not made payable to order, like a promissory note.