• Dying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Die
- (a.) Of or pertaining to dying or death; as, dying bed; dying day; dying words; also, simulating a dying state.
- (a.) In the act of dying; destined to death; mortal; perishable; as, dying bodies.
- (n.) The act of expiring; passage from life to death; loss of life.
• Dye Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Color produced by dyeing.
- (v. t.) To stain; to color; to give a new and permanent color to, as by the application of dyestuffs.
- (n.) Same as Die, a lot.
- (n.) Material used for dyeing; a dyestuff.
• Dyingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a dying manner; as if at the point of death.
• Dyingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of dying or the stimulation of such a state; extreme languor; languishment.