• Earning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Earn
- (n.) That which is earned; wages gained by work or services; money earned; -- used commonly in the plural.
• Earn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To acquire by labor, service, or performance; to deserve and receive as compensation or wages; as, to earn a good living; to earn honors or laurels.
- (v. i.) To curdle, as milk.
- (v. i.) To long; to yearn.
- (n.) See Ern, n.
- (v. t. & i.) To grieve.
- (v. t.) To merit or deserve, as by labor or service; to do that which entitles one to (a reward, whether the reward is received or not).
• Earnings Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Earning