• Eased Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ease
• Ease Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Freedom from anything that pains or troubles; as: (a) Relief from labor or effort; rest; quiet; relaxation; as, ease of body.
- (n.) To free from anything that pains, disquiets, or oppresses; to relieve from toil or care; to give rest, repose, or tranquility to; -- often with of; as, to ease of pain; ease the body or mind.
- (n.) Freedom from care, solicitude, or anything that annoys or disquiets; tranquillity; peace; comfort; security; as, ease of mind.
- (n.) To release from pressure or restraint; to move gently; to lift slightly; to shift a little; as, to ease a bar or nut in machinery.
- (n.) Satisfaction; pleasure; hence, accommodation; entertainment.
- (n.) Freedom from constraint, formality, difficulty, embarrassment, etc.; facility; liberty; naturalness; -- said of manner, style, etc.; as, ease of style, of behavior, of address.
- (n.) To render less painful or oppressive; to mitigate; to alleviate.
- (n.) To entertain; to furnish with accommodations.