• Engrave Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To impress deeply; to infix, as if with a graver.
- (v. t.) To cut with a graving instrument in order to form an inscription or pictorial representation; to carve figures; to mark with incisions.
- (v. t.) To form or represent by means of incisions upon wood, stone, metal, or the like; as, to engrave an inscription.
- (v. t.) To cut in; to make by incision.
- (v. t.) To deposit in the grave; to bury.
• Engraved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) of Engrave
- (p. p.) of Engrave
- (a.) Made by engraving or ornamented with engraving.
- (a.) Having the surface covered with irregular, impressed lines.