• Envoy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An explanatory or commendatory postscript to a poem, essay, or book; -- also in the French from, lenvoi.
- (n.) One dispatched upon an errand or mission; a messenger; esp., a person deputed by a sovereign or a government to negotiate a treaty, or transact other business, with a foreign sovereign or government; a minister accredited to a foreign government. An envoys rank is below that of an ambassador.
• Envoyship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office or position of an envoy.