• Evangelical Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of evangelical principles.
- (a.) Earnest for the truth taught in the gospel; strict in interpreting Christian doctrine; preeminetly orthodox; -- technically applied to that party in the Church of England, and in the Protestant Episcopal Church, which holds the doctrine of "Justification by Faith alone"; the Low Church party. The term is also applied to other religion bodies not regarded as orthodox.
- (a.) Belonging to, agreeable or consonant to, or contained in, the gospel, or the truth taught in the New Testament; as, evangelical religion.
- (a.) Contained in, or relating to, the four Gospels; as, the evangelical history.
• Evangelicalness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) State of being evangelical.