• Except Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To object to; to protest against.
- (prep.) With exclusion of; leaving or left out; excepting.
- (v. i.) To take exception; to object; -- usually followed by to, sometimes by against; as, to except to a witness or his testimony.
- (v. t.) To take or leave out (anything) from a number or a whole as not belonging to it; to exclude; to omit.
- (conj.) Unless; if it be not so that.
• Exceptioner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who takes exceptions or makes objections.