• expenses Definition & Synonyms
- () Those general charges or expenses in any business which cannot be charged up as belonging exclusively to any particular part of the work or product, as where different kinds of goods are made, or where there are different departments in a business; -- called also fixed, establishment, or (in a manufacturing business) administration, selling, and distribution, charges, etc.
• Expense Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which is expended, laid out, or consumed; cost; outlay; charge; -- sometimes with the notion of loss or damage to those on whom the expense falls; as, the expenses of war; an expense of time.
- (n.) Loss.
- (n.) A spending or consuming; disbursement; expenditure.