• Explanation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mutual exposition of terms, meaning, or motives, with a view to adjust a misunderstanding, and reconcile differences; reconciliation; agreement; as, to come to an explanation.
- (n.) That which explains or makes clear; as, a satisfactory explanation.
- (n.) The meaning attributed to anything by one who explains it; definition; interpretation; sense.
- (n.) The act of explaining, expounding, or interpreting; the act of clearing from obscurity and making intelligible; as, the explanation of a passage in Scripture, or of a contract or treaty.