• Extenuated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Extenuate
• Extenuate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lower or degrade; to detract from.
- (v. i.) To become thinner; to make excuses; to advance palliating considerations.
- (v. t.) To lessen; to palliate; to lessen or weaken the force of; to diminish the conception of, as crime, guilt, faults, ills, accusations, etc.; -- opposed to aggravate.
- (a.) Thin; slender.
- (v. t.) To make thin or slender; to draw out so as to lessen the thickness.