• Extort Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p. & a.) Extorted.
- (v. t.) To wrest from an unwilling person by physical force, menace, duress, torture, or any undue or illegal exercise of power or ingenuity; to wrench away (from); to tear away; to wring (from); to exact; as, to extort contributions from the vanquished; to extort confessions of guilt; to extort a promise; to extort payment of a debt.
- (v. i.) To practice extortion.
- (v. t.) To get by the offense of extortion. See Extortion, 2.
• Extorter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who practices extortion.
• Extortious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Extortionate.