• Facet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the numerous small eyes which make up the compound eyes of insects and crustaceans.
- (n.) A smooth circumscribed surface; as, the articular facet of a bone.
- (n.) The narrow plane surface between flutings of a column.
- (v. t.) To cut facets or small faces upon; as, to facet a diamond.
- (n.) A little face; a small, plane surface; as, the facets of a diamond.
• Facetious Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Given to wit and good humor; merry; sportive; jocular; as, a facetious companion.
- (a.) Characterized by wit and pleasantry; exciting laughter; as, a facetious story or reply.