• Fairing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A present; originally, one given or purchased at a fair.
• Fair Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fair woman; a sweetheart.
- (adv.) Clearly; openly; frankly; civilly; honestly; favorably; auspiciously; agreeably.
- (n.) Good fortune; good luck.
- (superl.) Pleasing; favorable; inspiring hope and confidence; -- said of words, promises, etc.
- (superl.) Distinct; legible; as, fair handwriting.
- (superl.) Free from spots, specks, dirt, or imperfection; unblemished; clean; pure.
- (v. t.) To make smooth and flowing, as a vessels lines.
- (v. t.) To make fair or beautiful.
- (superl.) Characterized by frankness, honesty, impartiality, or candor; open; upright; free from suspicion or bias; equitable; just; -- said of persons, character, or conduct; as, a fair man; fair dealing; a fair statement.
- (superl.) Without a dark hue; light; clear; as, a fair skin.
- (n.) A gathering of buyers and sellers, assembled at a particular place with their merchandise at a stated or regular season, or by special appointment, for trade.
- (superl.) Without sudden change of direction or curvature; smooth; fowing; -- said of the figure of a vessel, and of surfaces, water lines, and other lines.
- (superl.) Free from any marked characteristic; average; middling; as, a fair specimen.
- (n.) A festival, and sale of fancy articles. erc., usually for some charitable object; as, a Grand Army fair.
- (superl.) Not overcast; cloudless; clear; pleasant; propitious; favorable; -- said of the sky, weather, or wind, etc.; as, a fair sky; a fair day.
- (superl.) Free from obstacles or hindrances; unobstructed; unincumbered; open; direct; -- said of a road, passage, etc.; as, a fair mark; in fair sight; a fair view.
- (n.) A competitive exhibition of wares, farm products, etc., not primarily for purposes of sale; as, the Mechanics fair; an agricultural fair.
- (n.) Fairness, beauty.
- (superl.) Pleasing to the eye; handsome; beautiful.