• Far Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Remote from purpose; contrary to design or wishes; as, far be it from me to justify cruelty.
- (adv.) In great part; as, the day is far spent.
- (adv.) To a great extent or distance of space; widely; as, we are separated far from each other.
- (n.) A young pig, or a litter of pigs.
- (a.) Widely different in nature or quality; opposite in character.
- (a.) The more distant of two; as, the far side (called also off side) of a horse, that is, the right side, or the one opposite to the rider when he mounts.
- (adv.) In a great proportion; by many degrees; very much; deeply; greatly.
- (a.) Distant in any direction; not near; remote; mutually separated by a wide space or extent.
- (adv.) To a great distance in time from any point; remotely; as, he pushed his researches far into antiquity.
- (a.) Remote in affection or obedience; at a distance, morally or spiritually; t enmity with; alienated.
• Farad Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The standard unit of electrical capacity; the capacity of a condenser whose charge, having an electro-motive force of one volt, is equal to the amount of electricity which, with the same electromotive force, passes through one ohm in one second; the capacity, which, charged with one coulomb, gives an electro-motive force of one volt.
• Farcement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Stuffing; forcemeat.