• Filleting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The material of which fillets are made; also, fillets, collectively.
- (n.) The protecting of a joint, as between roof and parapet wall, with mortar, or cement, where flashing is employed in better work.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fillet
• Fillet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any scantling smaller than a batten.
- (n.) A border of broad or narrow lines of color or gilt.
- (n.) The loins of a horse, beginning at the place where the hinder part of the saddle rests.
- (n.) A fascia; a band of fibers; applied esp. to certain bands of white matter in the brain.
- (n.) A piece of lean meat without bone; sometimes, a long strip rolled together and tied.
- (n.) The thread of a screw.
- (n.) A thin strip or ribbon; esp.: (a) A strip of metal from which coins are punched. (b) A strip of card clothing. (c) A thin projecting band or strip.
- (n.) A narrow flat member; especially, a flat molding separating other moldings; a reglet; also, the space between two flutings in a shaft. See Illust. of Base, and Column.
- (n.) A little band, especially one intended to encircle the hair of the head.
- (n.) An ordinary equaling in breadth one fourth of the chief, to the lowest portion of which it corresponds in position.
- (n.) A concave filling in of a reentrant angle where two surfaces meet, forming a rounded corner.
- (n.) The raised molding about the muzzle of a gun.
- (v. t.) To bind, furnish, or adorn with a fillet.