• Flinging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fling
• Fling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To throw ones self in a violent or hasty manner; to rush or spring with violence or haste.
- (v. t.) To cast, send, to throw from the hand; to hurl; to dart; to emit with violence as if thrown from the hand; as, to fing a stone into the pond.
- (v. i.) To cast in the teeth; to utter abusive language; to sneer; as, the scold began to flout and fling.
- (n.) A trifing matter; an object of contempt.
- (n.) A severe or contemptuous remark; an expression of sarcastic scorn; a gibe; a sarcasm.
- (v. i.) To throw; to wince; to flounce; as, the horse began to kick and fling.
- (n.) A kind of dance; as, the Highland fling.
- (v. t.) To throw; to hurl; to throw off or down; to prostrate; hence, to baffle; to defeat; as, to fling a party in litigation.
- (n.) A cast from the hand; a throw; also, a flounce; a kick; as, the fling of a horse.
- (v. t.) To shed forth; to emit; to scatter.