• Fold Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To inclose within folds or plaitings; to envelop; to infold; to clasp; to embrace.
- (n.) A flock of sheep; figuratively, the Church or a church; as, Christs fold.
- (v. t.) To confine in a fold, as sheep.
- (v.) That which is folded together, or which infolds or envelops; embrace.
- (v. t.) To double or lay together, as the arms or the hands; as, he folds his arms in despair.
- (n.) A boundary; a limit.
- (n.) An inclosure for sheep; a sheep pen.
- (v. i.) To confine sheep in a fold.
- (v.) Times or repetitions; -- used with numerals, chiefly in composition, to denote multiplication or increase in a geometrical ratio, the doubling, tripling, etc., of anything; as, fourfold, four times, increased in a quadruple ratio, multiplied by four.
- (v. i.) To become folded, plaited, or doubled; to close over another of the same kind; to double together; as, the leaves of the door fold.
- (v. t.) To cover or wrap up; to conceal.
- (v. t.) To lap or lay in plaits or folds; to lay one part over another part of; to double; as, to fold cloth; to fold a letter.
- (v.) A doubling,esp. of any flexible substance; a part laid over on another part; a plait; a plication.
• Foldless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no fold.
• Foldage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Faldage.