• Fuze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tube, filled with combustible matter, for exploding a shell, etc. See Fuse, n.
- () Alt. of Bickford match
- (n.) A wire, bar, or strip of fusible metal inserted for safety in an electric circuit. When the current increases beyond a certain safe strength, the metal melts, interrupting the circuit and thereby preventing possibility of damage.
• Fuze, plug Definition & Synonyms
- () A fusible plug that screws into a receptacle, used as a fuse in electric wiring.
- () A plug fitted to the fuse hole of a shell to hold the fuse.