• Gangway Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) The opening through the bulwarks of a vessel by which persons enter or leave it.
- (v. i.) A passage or way into or out of any inclosed place; esp., a temporary way of access formed of planks.
- (v. i.) That part of the spar deck of a vessel on each side of the booms, from the quarter-deck to the forecastle; -- more properly termed the waist.
- (v. i.) In the English House of Commons, a narrow aisle across the house, below which sit those who do not vote steadly either with the government or with the opposition.